What is a Plug-In?
Plug-ins are small pieces of signal-processing software that Mixbus can load inside itself and assigned to channels. Channels may have an unlimited number of plugins, inserts and sends on a channelstrip.
Mixbus comes with a selection of Plug-Ins installed. Some are free, while others require an additional purchase to use fully. You can learn more about Mixbus’s included plugins here.
Additional plugins may be installed on your system, and these will be provided by third-party developers.
How do I add a Plug-In to a channel?
You can add plug-ins in several ways:
- double-click in the black “redirect” area to launch the Plug-in Manager
- right-click in the black area, and choose New Plug-in, then:
- Plug-in Manager
- By Creator
- By Category
Adding, Removing, Reordering, and Disabling Plug-ins
Each plug-in is displayed as a rectangle in the redirect box. Plug-ins are red if they are pre-fader (above the fader), and green if they are post-fader (underneath the fader)
- double-click the plug-in to show the plug-in control panel
- click the plug-in to select it ( it will turn red ). Now click “Delete” to delete it.
- click & drag the plug-in to change its order in the signal flow
- click the small green indicator on the plugin to enable/disable the plug-in
- (you can also middle-click on a plug-in to enable/disable it)
- right-click on a plug-in to see the plug-in context menu
- shift+right-click a plug-in to delete it
Plug-in Favorite Window
In the upper left side of the mix window is the Plug-in Favorite Window. You can drag and drop plug-ins to and from a channel strip.
A new favorite can be save and even a preset for the plug -in can be saved and recalled from this window.
Multiple channel strips can be selected and a plug-in can be inserted.
Left clicking on a plug-in or preset name is another way of adding plug-ins to the channel strip.