The ruler bar runs along the top of the edit canvas. A number of timelines can be shown via View>Rulers, or by right clicking in the blank area just to the left of the marker labels.
Available Rulers include:
- Min:Sec : Minutes and Seconds elapsed since time “0”
- Timecode : Video timecode in SMPTE formats. Choose the display format in Session->Properties->Timecode.
- Samples : raw digital samples
- Bars & Beats : musical time
Marker bars in the ruler area
Marks can be set in the following ruler areas:
- Meter ( a meter marker initiates a new musical timebase )
- Tempo ( a tempo marker initiates a new musical tempo )
- Range Markers ( Ranges can be exported simultaneously in the Export dialog )
- Loop/Punch Ranges
- Markers ( Location markers are typically used to quickly locate to a new time in the project, such as “verse 1” ).
- CD Markers ( CD markers are used in the Export dialog to define CD track markers )
To set a marker in any of the rulers, simply right click to pull a dialog box.
The Meter Marker:
The Tempo Marker Dialog Box:
The Range Marker Dialog Box:
The Loop/Punch Ranges Marker Dialog Box:
The CD Markers Dialog Box:
Video Timeline Ruler
The “video timeline” ruler can show a thumbnail of a video, if you have imported a video file.