- Mixbus uses precision DSP algorithms developed by Harrison for our world-renowned large format digital mixing consoles. Mixbus also incorporates elements from the rich history of Harrison analog designs. Mixbus has been optimized to provide a classic Harrison sound.
- Straightforward “what you see is what you get” mixer layout based on Harrison’s renowned 32-series and MR series music consoles.
- Unlimited stereo or mono input channels (subject to available CPU power of course) featuring EQ, filter, compression, mix bus sends, and mappable plug-in controls on every channel.
- Like a hardware mixer, the DSP horsepower for EQs and compressors is preallocated. Enabling a compressor or EQ will not increase the CPU usage of the computer.
- Dedicated stereo mix buses (can be used for groups or aux buses) featuring tone control, compression, and tape saturation.
- Stereo Master that features tone control, compression, tape saturation, and final limiting.
- K-meter on master output helps you make dynamic, polished-sounding mixes.
- Stereo phase correlation meter indicates mono-compatibility of your mix.
- Plug-in delay compensation to support effects such as parallel compression.
- Plug-ins may be pre or post fader in the channel strip signal flow.
- VCA faders allow arbitrary grouping of fader and mute/solo between channels. Multiple VCAs may be attached to any channel.
- Spill buttons are provided on each mixbus and VCA to show only the tracks that feed it.
- Monitor Section provides dedicated plugins, solo options and speaker-management features.
- Foldback section provides an unlimited number of cue feeds for your artist headphone mixes.
- Comprehensive metering with peak, peak hold, and compressor gain reduction visible on every track and bus.
- The engine is internally dithered, ramped, and gain staged so that sound quality is preserved as close to analog as possible.
- Unlimited audio, MIDI, and virtual instrument tracks.
- Every track/bus has unlimited pre- and post-fader inserts, sends, and plug-ins.
- MIDI tracks with MIDI output to external devices OR virtual instruments.
- Non-destructive, non-linear editing with persistent undo.
- Comprehensive project management with Snapshots, Playlists, Templates, Mixer store/recall, and more.
- Fast and intuitive audio editing with “smart” mouse editing modes.
- Dynamic automation of fader, pan, and plug-in parameters.
- Pitch/time stretching, transient detection, and varispeed playback.
- Object-oriented, per-region volume, dynamic volume, crossfade in/out, and mute functions.
- Standard file formats (BWF, WAV, WAV64, AIFF, CAF, MP3 & more…).
- Supports industry standard plug-in formats and I/O devices on each supported platform.
- Transport control via Level 2 MMC or MTC (master or slave).
- LTC (SMPTE) and MTC chase and generation.
- Assign MIDI CC knobs to mixer controls with just 1 click.
- Refined workflow and graphics, including scaling and support for HiDPI (Retina) displays
- Multicore DSP processing allows more simultaneous tracks and plug-ins
- 64 bit builds provide extended memory for virtual-instrument sample libraries
- 32 bit and 64 bit version available for all three platforms (OS-X, Windows, Linux)
- Synced video-playback window, with import and export
- Lua scripting engine allows automated workflows
- Mac: 10.6.8 or newer, 32bit or 64bit (PowerPC is no longer supported) with any CoreAudio device.
- Windows: XP Pro or newer, 32 bit or 64 bit with MME or ASIO device
- Linux system (x86 or x86-64) with ALSA
- Two or more processors/cores
*See our website for the latest details on OS compatibility, plug-in compatibility, and system requirements:
Thanks for your feedback.