At the top of any mixer strip, you’ll find a “Switcher” control which allows you to toggle the visibility of the Rec/Input section, which provides controls for the Record-arm, Input selection, Monitor modes, and Comments. When the internal controls are hidden, the Rec/Input switcher provides an overview of the channel’s record-arm status.
The track controls vary slightly between Tracks, Buses, Mixbuses, and the Master strip. The buttons on an Input strip include:
- Record arm: Click this button to arm the track for recording. An armed track shows a solid red dot.
- Monitor: Input : This button forces the channel to monitor it’s input. See monitoring
- Monitor: Disk : This button forces the channel to monitor it’s disk playback. See monitoring
- In version 6 both monitor input and monitor disk can be enabled
- In: – : Use this button to select the soundcard input(s) or other sources to feed this channel.
- Comments Button : Click this button to enter comments for the channel.
On Mixbuses and the Master strip, only the Comments Button is presented. It will displayed or hidden when the switcher on any channel strip is selected.