What is TouchOSC?
TouchOSC is a remote-control application that runs on iOS and Android phones and tablets.
TouchOSC sends “Open Sound Control” messages to any receiving app. Mixbus has a rich OSC-compatible remote control API.
TouchOSC is not developed by Harrison; it is developed by Hexler, and it has its own community forums and website. In keeping with Mixbus’s open-ended development model, users may view, modify, and edit the TouchOSC layout that we’ve provided for Mixbus.
If you add a great new feature to the TTC-1 layout, be sure to share it with us, and we will incorporate your changes so other users will get the benefit as well.
What is the TTC-1 layout?
TouchOSC can load different “layouts” which define the location of the buttons and widgets, and what messages will be sent to Mixbus over the OSC protocol. We’ve developed a layout file that allows you to remotely control Mixbus’s transport features. Because it needs a name, we called it TTC-1, or “TouchOSC Transport Controller #1”
Installing and launching the TTC-1 controller layout for Mixbus:
- Purchase the TouchOSC application from your phone/tablet App Store. ( Android and iOS are both supported,)
- Also download the TouchOSC editor to your Desktop computer, from the TouchOSC web site
- Download Harrison’s TTC-1 tablet layout here: ttc-1 download
- On your desktop computer, launch the TouchOSC editor, and “Open” the layout file.
- In the editor, click “Sync”.
- In the TouchOSC application (on your phone/tablet), click “Layout -> Add From Editor”.
- You should see you computer name appear in the “Found Hosts” list.
- Select the new layout for the TouchOSC app, and you should see the TTC-1 control panel appear.
- Determine your computer’s IP address on the wireless network that is shared with your phone/tablet.
- Enter the computer’s IP address in the TouchOSC application.
- In Mixbus, enable the OSC protocol in Preferences->Control Surfaces.
Using the TouchOSC TTC-1 Controller:
These 2 videos demonstrate the TTC-1 transport controller: